"No performance graphs were found for this host."

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rainbow_ya

"No performance graphs were found for this host."

Post by rainbow_ya »

Nagios doesn't show the performance graph for the command check_snmp_load.pl, any idea why?
I see the following message on "Performance Graphs" under "Host Status Detail". No performance graphs were found for this host. The performance data line is showing green.
egalstad

Re: "No performance graphs were found for this host."

Post by egalstad »

This indicates that the underlying graphing software (PNP) was unable to find an performance data that could be graphed. This might mean that the plugin either doesn't produce performance data, or that the data doesn't conform to the plugin guidelines. You can see what performance data (if any) is being returned from the plugin by click on the "Advanced" tab and looking at the "Performance Data" line.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
rainbow_ya

Post by rainbow_ya »

Sure, I have attached the some images (I'm limited to 3 photos) per post.
service_advanced_tab.jpg
service_performance_graph.jpg
service_detail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rainbow_ya

Post by rainbow_ya »

Here is some more screenshots, hope that will help you identify the problem. Thanks!
command_settings.jpg
service_settings.jpg
host_settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
egalstad

Post by egalstad »

Thanks for the screenshots. As you can see in the first screenshot, the "Performance Data" line is blank. That means there isn't any data for the graphing tool to generate an RRD file. It seems like the check_snmp_load.pl plugin doesn't support performance data. If you know the OID for getting load info from your switch, you could use the more generic check_snmp plugin which does support performance data.

Just checking in - are the performance graphs being generated okay now that you've added the -f option to the command definition?
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
rainbow_ya

Post by rainbow_ya »

Thanks for that, I knew the error was from performance data and add "-f" to the command line to ouptut performance data.

Yes, they are generated now.
fkroeger

Missing Graphs

Post by fkroeger »

I can't seem to be able to view any performance graphs. I select All Graphs from the home page - each host I have setup is displayed, but no performance graphs. I can select and display other info like Trends & Host Availability.
I can see that the rrd & xml files are being updated regularly in the /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata folders. It would appear that NagiosXI is looking somewhere else for the data?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Missing Graphs

Post by admin »

Did you reset the system security credentials? The most likely problem is that the Nagios Core Backend password is incorrect. The password is used by XI to make backend calls to display the performance graph images. To fix it, enter the Admin menu and select the Reset Security Credentials menu option. Click the Update Credentials button to apply a new password.

Check the performance graphs again - they should be displayed.
resetcredentials.png
mmestnik wrote:Configure -> (left navbar) System Configuration -> (new left navbar) Reset Security Credentials
Follow the instructions.

Ethan Galstad
President
fkroeger

Post by fkroeger »

Thanks for the tip. However.... it hasn't made a difference - still no graphs.
The only password I had changed was for nagiosadmin
I even added a character to the backend password and updated again to force it to overwrite the existing entry - still no graphs.

regards... Fred

Problem Solved:
Checking through the logs, the problem is definitely password related as I am getting Password Mismatch for nagiosadmin everytime I try to display a graph.
Solution was to change the nagiosadmin password in the Component Credentials section and then Update Credentials
mariusp

Post by mariusp »

What other causes could there be for "missing graphics"?
I have no errors when displaying the graphs and I verified that the rrds are being created. Permissions I believe are also fine: nagios:nagios / 666 file perms.

Regards,
Marius