"No performance graphs were found for this host."

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
egalstad

Re: Missing Graphs

Post by egalstad »

Its most likely due to problems with the Nagios backend password not being synced with the backend .htaccess file. You can modify/reset this password in the "Reset Security Credentials" screen. If you look at the apache log files on the machine /var/log/httpd/error_log, you should see "Access denied" messages from when you tried to access the performance graphs.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mariusp

Post by mariusp »

I was initially getting "authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch" but after resetting the security credentials I stopped receiving them. At present I have no errors when trying to display the graphs.

My apache error log is pretty much clean except for the occasional "Call to a member function setVariable() on a non-object in" ... Can you recommend where I might try to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for the information!

After changing the passwords to "nagiosadmin" I have graphs again.

Marius
garmann

Post by garmann »

Got the same issue:

Tried all settings in process config for the services, checked the rrds ( written successful ), only this in my httpd-error.log:
user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch

After setting all passwords back to the unsecure "nagiosadmin" under "Reset Security Credentials" it just works, my graphs comming.......

I think there are some wrong filepermissions comming from the installation source :?:

@Nagios XI 2009R1.1c

Gregor
afrias

Post by afrias »

Hi There,

I get the following errors:

[Wed Feb 03 14:04:34 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch
[Wed Feb 03 14:05:04 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch
[Wed Feb 03 14:05:04 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user nagiosadmin: authentication failure for "/nagios/pnp/index.php": Password Mismatch

When I already probe all solutions

My license is a trial, this is important...

Thank you
admin wrote:Follow the instructions posted above and this problem should get resolved.
Adrian Frias Geminiano
Internetworks Support Team
internetworks.com
persnet

Red X instead of graphs

Post by persnet »

We are in the process of configuring Nagios XI and are running into an issue when attempting to view any graphs via a browser (IE or FireFox). Instead of graphs, all we see are a Red X. We've tired viewing this from multiple computers and different browsers, with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for us to try, we'd be very greatful. I'm sure it's something simple, just haven't been able to find anything helpful in any forums. Thanks in advance.
joaovdn

Ghost Host!!

Post by joaovdn »

There are a ghost host name that only appears in Host Detail.
I don't know what can i do. There is no host in configuration manager, in files, in databases but it still appears!!!

Anyone have this problem???

Thanks.

Yes, I clean my cache but still remains...

No there should be enough data as its been running for over a month. We have gone from the Red X to just blank displays. The graph titles are there but the graphs themselves are not there. We thought this might just be a windows problem but the localhost and some cisco switches are displaying the same results. Graph tiltles but no graphs.
Resetting the Nagios Core Backend password to match the Nagiosadmin password did the trick. Nice catch, appreciate the assist.
mmestnik

Re: Ghost Host!!

Post by mmestnik »

Did you try and clear your cache? Shift-Reload in most browsers will make requests with the proper headers to instruct Caching Proxy(s) to ignore cached pages.

Was this the result of the graphs not being generated until there was enough data available to graph?

Can you better describe the Red X? Was it an icon to indicate a broken image or an image of a Red X?
mmestnik wrote:Try to modify/reset the backend password as indicated in previous posts in the "Reset Security Credentials" screen.
I don't think these passwords should match, not that they can't. The issue you had was one of propagating the same Backend Password into the various configs of Nagios XI.

You should be able to set the Backend Password to something else now, if you like.
aessem

Post by aessem »

hi,

same here. already delete from nagiosxi, no data in nagiosql, in conf file, no where. it shows host details and also service details. all check is pending from beginning, i try to delete, but this host become a ghost.

mik
xi-error.jpg
hello,

still not work, already restart nagios. is it possible this is stored on postgres sql db? but pgsql only store auth data only?

mik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmestnik

Post by mmestnik »

Is this perhaps part of the same permission issues from else where on the board?
chmod -R 775 /usr/local/nagios/etc
chown nagios.nagios /usr/local/nagios/etc/*.cfg

You know I've always used this for setting mods, not that it's the correct thing to do for Nagios XI.

Code: Select all

chown -R nagios.nagios /usr/local/nagios/etc
find /usr/local/nagios/etc -type d -exec chmod 775 '{}' + -o \
        -type f -exec chmod 664 '{}' +
mariusp

Post by mariusp »

Ive got an update to this issue although I think the problem is caused by something else.

I am using check_apachestatus.pl to monitor some web servers with xi and it creates graphics for all of the metrics that are provided by the check script (cool!). I created the service definition via nagiosxi core config manager and at one point cloned (copied) it and changed the hostname, etc. to reflect a new host. So far so good, the script works as expected except for the fact the the display name is not the one I specified, all the words are capitalized and there are no graphs although performance data is being recorded and the rrds are created.

I've checked all the rights and am not getting any errors. The configuration files created by nagiosql between the all the hosts that use this check service do not differ except for the hostname's and ip addresses which makes me ask where I should look next to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards,
Marius

I renamed the service to Apache stats and the graphs showed up. I also modified the link to the performance tab and changed the mistaken name of HTTP STATS to HTTP Stats and the graphs that had been building for the past few days showed up. This might be a bug in the nagiosxi/status.php script. .

Regards,
Marius